The Sr. Sound Designer will report to the Content Program Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborate with the audio director to define and develop the audio aesthetic of the game.
- Collaborate with the audio director to elaborate and implement the musical direction of the game.
- Proactively identify audio challenges and create innovative solutions to achieve the highest quality sound.
- Implement and mix all sound assets types in Wwise and Unreal 5.
- Keep up to date with cutting-edge sound design techniques and promote its use when beneficial to the game.
- Identify and collaborate with several outsourcers for sound design, voice and music.
- Identify in collaboration with the technical audio director and audio programmers the tools and technologies needed to realize the audio direction.
- Mentor Jr sound design staff in realizing high quality assets both artistically and technically.
- Advocate quality audio to the whole team.
Experience and Skills Required
- Experience as Sr. Sound Designer or lead on a AAA title.
- Expert in sound design, mixing and music design.
- Advanced knowledge in field recording and sound synthesis techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of audio game technologies and tools.
- Proficient with major DAWs and expert in at least one.
- Proficient with 3d audio techniques such as object based mixing, ambisonics and HRTF.
- Knowledge of current games to benchmark audio.
- Ability to and communicate effectively with all members of the development team.
- Excellent ability to organize and prioritize your own work
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Unreal 4.
- Experience in building and maintaining audio systems in a GAAS environment.
- Deep understanding of audio pipelines and performance constraints.
- Musical training