The Senior Concept Artist will report to the Art Director.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Collaborating closely with the Art Director to define and develop the look and feel of our new AAA IP through thoroughly researched, richly detailed and extensively iterated concept arts.
- Researching and proposing concept references for the definition of the art style of the game.
- Create Environment designs, structures, world design explorations, or any other concepts that could be needed during all production phases.
- Conceptualize designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall IP Artistic vision for the project and work with game designers and Art Director.
- Develop a deep understanding of the game and maintain its visual style consistency.
Experience and Skills Required
- Deep understanding and expertise of fundamental art principles (color, composition, value/ lighting, anatomy, form, perspective).
- Ability to work within gameplay design restraints (environment scale, character abilities, prototype function, etc.) and translate those restrictions into visuals that enhance the experience.
- Ability to prototype in 3D, work directly with the 3D artists, and knowledge of 2D and 3D softwares.
- Self-motivated, collaborative, organized, good communicator.
- Environment Design Experience.
- Traditional drawing and digital drawing abilities.
- Storyboarding knowledge.
- Experience in creating mechanical designs.
- Knowledge of 3D and 2D softwares and techniques.